Monday, June 6, 2016

Watermelon Lemonade

Since I saw the Domestic Geek create her summer lemonade video, I have been guzzling my own version of watermelon lemonade! It is the perfect way too cool down in this Taiwan heat! Because summer is HERE in Taiwan!


In this recipe I am staying true to form, keeping the ingredients as clean as possible. I'm using real freshly squeezed lemon juice, squeezed by my favourite juicers at my local market here in Taiwan. I am also using honey to keep things sweet. The Domestic Geek uses her simple syrup recipe, which is easy enough to make and use if that's what you have, or you just don't want to splurge on honey.

Here are the ingredients...


1 cup of lemon juice
2 cups of pureed watermelon
2/3 cup of honey
1 cup of boiling water
3 cups of water

Method
1. Combine boiling water with honey in a large mug or bowl. Stir until honey is incorporated.

2. Puree watermelon in a blender.

3. Add the lemon juice, honey water and rest of the water.
4. Blend until well combined.
5. Store in the fridge for at least an hour or until cooled completely.

6. Enjoy in some iced glasses under the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment